Thursday, July 23, 2009

BlogHer Day Two Gratitude Post

Many people worked hard to make this trip to Kraft Kitchens and BlogHer so perfect. I know I mentioned Kevin earlier but I also want to thank Susan Davison, Director, Corporate Affairs, and Sarah D Young. Thanks for putting up with me in all my excited school girl glory. There were so many others and I just wish I could mention each and every person that I met at Kraft Foods. They rolled out the red carpet for me and we talked about one of my FAVORITE subjects, FOOD. I can't tell you what it meant to me to hear that the food professionals LOVED my recipe!!! This truly was one of those once in a lifetime moments for me. Thanks again to everyone who voted for my recipe!!!!!

Often when I tell people I'm a high school teacher they comment, "You must be very brave." Truly most days as a teacher have been everything and more than I ever dreamed possible. When I was a little girl playing school with my dolls or whatever brother and sister was too slow to escape my clutches I was positive that teaching was what I truly wanted to do. The people that I met in the Kraft Kitchens felt the same way about their jobs that I felt about teaching and it was just infectious!!

The people at Kraft Foods go to a lot of trouble to recreate the kitchens that we consumers use. They do that so that when we make recipes with Kraft products they will turn out just the same way they do when the professionals are preparing them. These professionals are very aware that today's family is very busy and they strive to make preparation quick and easy.

I just know I gushed as we talked about food. I had the opportunity to sample a really great recipe made with Stovetop Stuffing that you could serve for breakfast. I also tried my new favorite appetizer which included Stovetop Stuffing, spinach, and mushrooms. They even taught this old dog a new trick. I didn't realize that I could freeze my chicken in a marinade made with Kraft Dressing to make an incredibly moist chicken at a later date.

I honestly didn't want to leave because I just felt like I could live there at the Kraft Kitchens. They have a pantry I would envy and they understood my passion for cooking for my family. I want to answer some of the questions that some of you sent me and I'll try to do it a little at a time.

For the next several days my agenda is packed but I will make every effort to let you know what is going on here at BlogHer!!! Still I didn't want to go to bed tonight without thanking the GREAT people at Kraft for making this moment possible.

I will be posting the photos for this when I get back home. I can't wait to share them with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment