Monday, August 24, 2009

South Of The Border Lunch At BlogHer




Lunch today was brought to us by the letter M for Mexican. Once again they offered me way too much food and once again it took everything inside me to try to keep from loading up on the food.

Why is it that I normally eat reasonable sized servings but throw me in a buffet line and I’m acting like I’m in the meal line on the Titanic and this is my last meal. I just want to throw food onto my plate almost in an attempt to reassure myself that I won’t be hungry later.

There were tamales, chicken fajita,refried beans, salad, and although it was difficult I even tried a bite of the tasty desserts like Tres Leches and Churros. Since I’m still trying to stay away from drinking so much caffeine I wish they had had some caffeine free diet Pepsi to drink. Then again, I might have been the only one there drinking it so I suppose that is selfish of me.

Once again this meal was supposed to be Birds of a Feather but I was a bird without a flock. Stick me in a big room with food and tables and I’m a mouse in a maze. I head for one of the tables and once again I’m joined by some other bloggers.

I ask each one their name and each one about their blog but no one asks for my name or the name of my blog. Are we all so lost in the tech world that we forget that conversation goes two ways? Am I expecting too much? I listen as they tell me about their blog, the opinion about BlogHer and I wonder if I should interject something like, “Oh and by the way, I’m the ThriftyMaven but you can just call me Cathy.”

After spending the day inside I was anxious get some fresh air. I hoped to be back in time to hear the Sponsored v. Unsponsored – Blogging for $$ Where Do You Stand? With that in mind I was off for a walk along the river in the bright sun shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment